gc_on_demand
08-06 02:37 PM
Hello All
Friend of mine is applying for I 485 . And confused about One perticular question in form. Question is
Have you received public assistance in the United States from any source, including the U.S.Government or any State,county, city, or municipality (other than emergency medical treatment), or are you likely to receive public assistance in the future? YES / NO .
His wife had used Medicaid and WIC for prenetal care when she was on F2 Visa. My Friend was in F1 visa by that time. He took opinion from two different law firm and got totally different response. One firm says Medicaid and WIC are not part of public charge so donot put YES there. Another firm is asking to put YES and explain in seprate sheet. Does any one has same or simillar situation and already filled I 485 or got gc.
These are docs I found on USCIS for public charge
http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/public_cqa.pdf
http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/Public.pdf
http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/public_cfs.pdf
Please help in this matter. Any suggestion welcome.
Friend of mine is applying for I 485 . And confused about One perticular question in form. Question is
Have you received public assistance in the United States from any source, including the U.S.Government or any State,county, city, or municipality (other than emergency medical treatment), or are you likely to receive public assistance in the future? YES / NO .
His wife had used Medicaid and WIC for prenetal care when she was on F2 Visa. My Friend was in F1 visa by that time. He took opinion from two different law firm and got totally different response. One firm says Medicaid and WIC are not part of public charge so donot put YES there. Another firm is asking to put YES and explain in seprate sheet. Does any one has same or simillar situation and already filled I 485 or got gc.
These are docs I found on USCIS for public charge
http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/public_cqa.pdf
http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/Public.pdf
http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/public_cfs.pdf
Please help in this matter. Any suggestion welcome.
