Get paid To Promote at any Location

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

escape fate logo

escape fate logo. Escape the Fate by DGC

  • Escape the Fate by DGC



  • Trius
    Apr 22, 09:09 AM
    I'm still using an Original iPhone, so no matter what the next version of the iPhone I'm gonna get it and I'm gonna be happy.

    I like the way you think :apple:





    escape fate logo. to escape her royal fate
  • to escape her royal fate



  • john123
    Mar 26, 06:29 PM
    It's a point of human interest, not to mention it was an interesting guessing game for those of us who have lived/worked in Palo Alto. Far more interesting than most of the stuff I read about these days that passes as "news."





    escape fate logo. Escape The Fate The Flood.
  • Escape The Fate The Flood.



  • Grolubao
    May 5, 06:06 AM
    Take a look at the light bleeding in the lower right. I'm thinking of returning it, and getting another unit. Thought I'd post first to see if this is normal with all units.

    I don't have one, but my Sony Panel has the same problem. It's the technology that does that





    escape fate logo. Escape The Fate The Flood.
  • Escape The Fate The Flood.



  • alhedges
    Apr 12, 05:33 PM
    My guess is maybe people in the mid-west would PREFER vzw, but they'll never buy one anyway...
    Umm, Chicago is filled with iPads, and AT&T tends to have better service.

    Try again.



    more...


    escape fate logo. Escape the Fate Mugshot Mens
  • Escape the Fate Mugshot Mens



  • Trishul
    Oct 27, 02:40 AM
    its a high price to pay, but having a mac.com email address can be cool, and it has made people remember my email address a lot more easily, it stands out a bit more than the usual hotmail, yahoo, gmail suffixes. That's one thing, the other is i've found my .mac membership worth it, going to try Transmit, because i have found iDisk too slow, but if it works then it will be amazing. Evenstill i've had good use for my iDisk. Doing quick album pages is cool too, and very useful.

    as people have said there's nothing .mac offers that any tech-minded person could set up for free, but i'm relatively tech minded, but it just means one less thing to worry about, and less time spent on mindless operations.

    there is also a lot of other cool stuff you get, like free jam packs, things like that.. its basically like being a member of apple. I'm sure we pay just as much for other memberships and subscriptions. Now this new webmail is just so cool, glad i joined up when i did.





    escape fate logo. by Escape The fate
  • by Escape The fate



  • Mac-Addict
    Oct 26, 06:28 AM
    My heart goes out to anyone lost enough to get on a line for 3 hours for a t-shirt. Only in England, the land where we love to queue.


    Lol thats directed at meh xD Im going to get there at 3 and if no ones there or if its like 10 people Then Ill come back later after 3 :P



    more...


    escape fate logo. Escape the Fate, 3 Days Grace,
  • Escape the Fate, 3 Days Grace,



  • Synchro
    Oct 24, 04:48 PM
    I was as the opening of the Regent st store. Got there about 7am for a 10am opening, and there was already a 300m queue!

    Not sure that I'll make it this time.





    escape fate logo. Escape the Fate Reaper T-Shirt
  • Escape the Fate Reaper T-Shirt



  • antman2x2
    Apr 13, 10:57 PM
    I was planning to have guns blazing indiscriminately but I guess I can silently hover if that's the game plan :mad:

    This is a stealth mission.. but I gave you some guns just incase :D

    http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e259/Antman2x2/STING-5.png



    more...


    escape fate logo. Issues Escape The Fate.
  • Issues Escape The Fate.



  • tveric
    Sep 27, 10:33 PM
    Well, bear in mind they were sued (successfully, the first time around) for using that! ;)


    I can only assume you're referring to Apple Music, the Beatles' publishing company. In which case, the irony here is quite hilarious.

    You seem to know precious little about US trademark law. To sum Apple's intentions here: protection of their iPod trademark is their objective. I think we can all agree that no one is trying to trademark just the word "pod".

    But if someone else creates a product in the arena of digital music, and the name of their product intends to capitalize on the popularity of the term "iPod", then if Apple doesn't actively protect their trademark, they run the risk of losing rights to the trademark entirely, so that in fact, not only would someone in the future be allowed to sell under a "mypodder" or similar name, they could actually create ipod clones and sell them under the name iPod!

    Of course, it'd never get that far, since you'd have to have legal department of morons to allow that to happen.





    escape fate logo. Issues Escape The Fate.
  • Issues Escape The Fate.



  • Apple Corps
    Feb 25, 07:04 PM
    I think it's closer to 4-6% for 5 years Pancreatic cancer is the only cancer to have a 5 year survival rate of a single digit.

    The five year survival rate for well-differentiated pancreatic endocrine neoplasms is 50% - 70%. None of us have access to specific health records but most published reports (for whatever they are worth) indicate this is what Steve is dealing with.



    more...


    escape fate logo. Escape The Fate Wallpaper.
  • Escape The Fate Wallpaper.



  • -hh
    Mar 21, 09:24 PM
    Its funny that film and film cameras were so difficult to get right, but there was almost no post-processing. Now we shoot computers with lenses attached, get great technical results, yet post-process our photos to death.

    Actually, for many people there was quite a bit of post-processing, but it was hidden from them: it was the hand-inspected print from ye olde local camera store, which would dial in what they believed were the appropriate corrections.


    I do still suck.

    My problem is leaving my camera on Auto. I just don't know which setting to use. The more I read and the more opinions I see, the more confused I get. Plus when I see a good subject I don't want to mess it up with my ill informed selections...

    I did just buy the Bryan Peterson Understanding Exposure book, so hopefully that will help set me off in the right direction!

    I agree with most of what you say, except.... I don't get the "Shoot only Full Manual" advice that is heard here and in other places.

    If I have spent some $$ on a camera with a computer and a light meter, I figure I'm going to make it do at some of the work. The way I see it, I have a management job, and that is to decide what DoF and/or apparent motion I want to capture (composition) - and to ensure good exposure (quality control). The camera gets to do the grunt work of doing the calculations. It's the back-office.

    Thanks for saying this.

    I think that there's really two different aspects to this that both require appreciation.

    The first is that having the personal knowledge of the variables that go into a proper exposure is a good thing...as well as more factors such as the trade-off of DOF versus Shutter, etc...this is most easily learned by inflicting the "pain" of full manual upon the student.

    (like that contradiction? "Pain is Easy" :-)

    However, once one knows the ropes ... and what is important - - including when it is/isn't important - - why not let the machine do the settings for a 'nominal' exposure? Afterall, that's what it is good at, and you can concentrate on more important stuff - - such as composition.

    At the same time, knowing when to be ... unafraid ... of using the various camera settings is still a very good thing. For example, I revisited this just the other night while outside to shoot some 'big moon' photos:

    I did a quick setup and did some shots to find that the auto exposure was totally blown out. Did the "quick cheat" to spin the one dial to override to -2 stops ... still too bright. Figured out that this was probably because I had forgotten to set the camera over to spot metering before going out in the dark...and in the dark, couldn't find that control. So instead of stumbling in the dark blind, I just spun it over to Manual and readjusted, recalling reading somewhere that the old "Sunny 16" rule (I had forgotten the "Moony 11" derivative) also applies to bright exposures of the full Moon to get an idea of just how many stops I was still over-exposing things. I didn't remember the correct rule of thumb, but with digital that doesn't matter as much: it got me quite close in just a few shots; the shot I liked best ended up at 1/320sec for a 280mm shot at f/4.9 / ISO 100...a bit more light-gathering than the correct rule, but more importantly, it was a full 7 stops lower than where the camera default settings were, and I got the whole shebang done in <2 minutes.

    ...which meant that I was able to get quickly back inside, before my wife was able to yell at me for being outside in the cold without any jacket.

    -hh





    escape fate logo. Escape The Fate Wallpaper.
  • Escape The Fate Wallpaper.



  • eburr
    Mar 14, 10:46 AM
    Willow Bend and Stonebrier don't have any



    more...


    escape fate logo. Situations Escape The Fate.
  • Situations Escape The Fate.



  • lord patton
    Nov 14, 01:03 PM
    With their proprietary dock connector becoming ubiquitous in cars and airplanes, it's only a matter of time before the government uses anti-trust law to crack down on Apple. Not because they really believe iPod dominance threatens the "public good" (whatever that is), but because it will be a way to extort protection money from Apple (i.e. campaign contributions) and sell government services (regulatory predation) to their competitors.

    IMO





    escape fate logo. Escape The Fate Wallpaper.
  • Escape The Fate Wallpaper.



  • soapsuds
    Oct 7, 01:26 AM
    Not that I don't think this rumor is unfounded, but I could imagine a really tiny iPhone nano using the screen, CPU, and OS of the new iPod nano (i.e., no web, camera or apps), especially if it was cheap even with no contract and you could transfer the SIM card from your iPhone and use it as an alternate phone for sports or for girls going out etc. Text entry would be cumbersome, but if you could edit your address book from a PC when syncing, it wouldn't matter as much.

    If the iPod Nano is $149 now, perhaps in a year the same parts plus a cell radio could be sold for $149 with no contract, or really cheap ($49 or less) with a contract. I could imagine at that price, parents could buy it for their kids, but due to the limitations it wouldn't cannibalize iPhone sales. It also might serve as a way to enter emerging markets.



    more...


    escape fate logo. Issues Escape The Fate.
  • Issues Escape The Fate.



  • sfwalter
    Mar 8, 08:43 PM
    With all these places selling the iPad 2 (Apple Store, Best Buy, Target, Walmart) I really wonder if there will be much of a line at all.





    escape fate logo. Escape The Fate Wallpaper.
  • Escape The Fate Wallpaper.



  • trainguy77
    May 24, 09:59 PM
    we are in 21 place.



    more...


    escape fate logo. Escape The Fate
  • Escape The Fate



  • bankshot
    Aug 14, 04:21 PM
    I feel embarrassed watching them.

    Exactly. I find the Mac character to be very smug and condescending. I don't like being associated with that just because I choose to use Macs. I've talked to several people about the ads, and most find them to be offensive because of the elitist attitude. It's not just "Look at how great I am," but it's "Look at how crappy you are, too." Nobody likes being told they're crappy.

    Some people I know just dismiss it as an ad for a product they'll never buy. A few told me they ultimately dismissed it before really considering the Mac argument because it seemed like all fluff and no substance (that seems to be a common perception among people who avoid Macs: that they are all about style and not substance). Other people said it actively made them want to do anything to hurt Apple - not only by not buying the products, but advising everyone they know to stay away as well.

    I can't think of one person I've talked to who found the ads to be completely positive. The people I know who like Macs were all a bit uncomfortable like me, being stereotyped as smug and elitist.

    The big problem with these "hello, I'm a Mac" commercials is that they're an easy target for parodies.

    Yeah, they're easy to parody because they're made so simply. Same as the "switch" ads. Speaking of parodies, this one's my favorite:

    http://joyoftech.com/joyoftech/joyimages/817.jpg

    :D





    escape fate logo. Something Escape the Fate
  • Something Escape the Fate



  • FX120
    May 6, 08:07 PM
    Eh.

    I use Windows 7 at work and recently just built myself a new workstation. Total price including shipping with licenses for Windows 7 Business and Office 2010 was under $850 for a very good performing machine that does everything I need it to do (from Photoshop to AutoCAD) with ease. Right now I've got it totally loaded down and am using 7GB out of 8GB of RAM, and it's ticking along just happily.

    I can't honestly say that I would be any more productive by using OS X, and I certainly don't go about my day missing anything in the OS.

    Frankly I think it's all fine and good if you want to buy a Mac, but don't fool yourself into thinking that there aren't perfectly good and equally functional options out there for less money. I think the comparison of computers to cars is a stupid one. The difference between a Audi S4 and a Civic is a measurable, but I don't think that is a fair comparison. A more accurate example would be two Civics with equivalent engines and transmissions, only one has upgraded paint, rims, headlamps and leather upholstery while the other is base trim.

    Apple serves a growing niche market of high end computers and without a doubt bests nearly every competitor with their excellent industrial design, and a price that reflects the engineering, materials, and slave labor craftsmanship.

    But not everyone with a home stereo needs or wants to spend thousands of dollars on Krell mono block amplifiers when what ever comes in their home theater in a box is sufficient for their needs, and they don't want the cool design and minute performance increases.





    escape fate logo. Issues Escape The Fate.
  • Issues Escape The Fate.



  • Zombie Acorn
    May 4, 10:03 AM
    I've learned a great deal about Canada's election system the last three months. I for one am happy Harper won the majority. Also for any Americans hearing the word conservative and cringing with thoughts of Sarah palin floating in your head the parties are a bit different up here. There really isn't as much of the polar opposites like you see from dems/reps. In fact I would consider most parties center to center left.





    spazzcat
    Aug 19, 12:45 PM
    Well now I just feel stupid. . . .




    bassfingers
    Apr 22, 09:52 AM
    He's just speaking truth to power. It's a violent outburst caused by the man's oppression by the white majority. It's unfortunate that a woman was beat up, but we must consider the root cause - whites.

    Seriously, I had to write papers on this crap. It's pretty awesome. I took it as a lesson on how you can win any argument by changing the rules.

    Hahahahaha, omg, this is hysterical that you actually believe this! Racism is anything but colorblindness. Period. It doesn't matter if you're "oppressed" or the "minority". And to say that it's whites fault that a seriously misled person beat up a woman... ? HA, take a step back, pull whatever it is out of your butt, re-read your diploma, and rethink everything you think if you still agree with yourself when you posted this.

    And WOW you "wrote papers"?! wait a second while I bow to me knees

    Hopefully your reply was actually deeply rooted in sarcasm and I just didn't pick up on it





    bossxii
    Feb 24, 10:39 AM
    What a colossal waste of Taxpayer money.

    How about parents get off their lazy ass and actually parent vs shoving a gadget in their kids hands to baby sit em.

    What a joke.





    apttap
    Apr 19, 09:52 AM
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

    It doesn't really show any new features. Probably just a test build of iOS multitasking before they settled on the UI.





    ddtlm
    Oct 2, 08:53 PM
    Not Microsoft's market... yet.

    They want that peice of the pie. Give them time, they will try to take it.



    0 comments:

     

    blogger templates | Make Money Online