uplusd
Apr 20, 12:11 AM
1. time capsule ----Wireless----> airport express ---Wired---> computer
*************************
2. time capsule ----wireless----> computers

Javier Bardem - No Country for

Javier Bardem No Country for

No Country for Old Men -- A
more...

Javier Bardem wins the Best

javier bardem, no country for
more...

the No Country For Old Men

quot;No Country For Old Men.quot;
more...

10 Questions for Javier Bardem

No Country for Old Men.
more...

(No Country for Old Men

Javier Bardem is the best LOL.
more...

Javier Bardem celebrates his

Javier Bardem won 2008 Academy
more...

Javier Bardem in No Country

Javier Bardem as Anton Chigurh
more...

No Country for Old Men

Javier Bardem in line to be

Javier Bardem
*************************
2. time capsule ----wireless----> computers
jerry333
Jan 16, 11:46 AM
While you can set the G5 up to be a file server, it's kind of a waste in my opinion. I'd investigate selling the G5 and get a Drobo or an external drive and then serve files from your iMac.
velocityg4
Sep 2, 04:28 PM
But most people check the email a few times a day.........let us know :)
Not all though. I check my e-mail 2-3 times per month.
Not all though. I check my e-mail 2-3 times per month.
RedTomato
Mar 4, 10:15 AM
Any post with more than five punctuation marks in a row should be redirected to a page that says in big animated letters, on the edge of a volcano, with dancing hamsters next to it, the following quote:
Five exclamation marks, the sure sign of an insane mind. - Terry Pratchett
Five exclamation marks, the sure sign of an insane mind. - Terry Pratchett
more...
Tom B.
Mar 31, 12:02 PM
does anyone know exactly what the difference will be? pokemon wise? :D
Me. :D
Pokemon Diamond & Pearl Version Exclusives at Serebii.net (http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/exclusives.shtml)
Me. :D
Pokemon Diamond & Pearl Version Exclusives at Serebii.net (http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/exclusives.shtml)

litosclone
Dec 6, 01:05 PM
I trick my browser by creating another tab while a myspace page is loading. Once the page is loaded, I tab back to their page; I can sometimes get to that persons page. I have also found my browsers crashes more on pages customized with Thomas editor.
more...
taylorwilsdon
Mar 18, 09:15 PM
They can now be purchased online as well in all parts of the country for $249 through AT&T (there's no contract when buying the phone, either), there's a thread about it in the iPhone news forum. So I think that price would be very optimistic, as anyone on here could get one for $249 and have it unlocked in twenty minutes.
Also, if it's a refurb, why does it come in the packaging for new phones? IIRC, refurb iPhones come in brown boxes...
Your best bet is ebay, especially if you want prices like that.
I read this in the last two replies... What are you guys talking about? It IS on ebay - thats what this thread is
Also, if it's a refurb, why does it come in the packaging for new phones? IIRC, refurb iPhones come in brown boxes...
Your best bet is ebay, especially if you want prices like that.
I read this in the last two replies... What are you guys talking about? It IS on ebay - thats what this thread is
Hrududu
Aug 12, 11:40 PM
Wait... They don't have QuickTime 10 yet!?!?!?:eek:
Lucky them. QuickTime X is a joke compared to QuickTime Pro of days past.
Lucky them. QuickTime X is a joke compared to QuickTime Pro of days past.
more...
greatdevourer
Apr 16, 01:07 PM
You could take all the things people hate about gamertags, and then be really ironic and thus the coolest mofo on XBL :p
So... random Xs, random numbers, lots of l33t, the usage of a famous character's name as though it were your own... *and off the gamertag machine goes...*
XxX_s3xI_m45T3R_69_cH3f_pWnz4g3_xXx_91
So... random Xs, random numbers, lots of l33t, the usage of a famous character's name as though it were your own... *and off the gamertag machine goes...*
XxX_s3xI_m45T3R_69_cH3f_pWnz4g3_xXx_91
wsippel
May 23, 04:49 PM
I'm not convinced about the graphics yet and it's a shame you can't play old Gameboy games on it (only advance). Not a fan of the stylus, but I'll keep a look out on ebay for a bargain. Is there any info on this new console?
Not really. Nintendo is as secretive as Apple, but usually better at preventing leaks, so there's pretty much nothing. The only known facts so far are that it will be shown at E3 (June 15th), will be compatible with the DS and DSi, and that it will have an autostereoscopic 3D display, which is why it's called 3DS.
Everything else is just speculation, more or less grounded in reality. It seems like it'll have at least one analog stick and two different displays (a 16x9 display, probably a high resolution parallax barrier display manufactured by Sharp that might or might not be multitouch, and a 4x3 display, probably a non-3D stylus driven touchscreen), and it supposedly has very good graphics for a handheld device, possibly well above PSP levels. It might have a Virtual Handheld service that allows you to download and play Gameboy, Gameboy Color and Gameboy Advance games. But those are only rumors.
Not really. Nintendo is as secretive as Apple, but usually better at preventing leaks, so there's pretty much nothing. The only known facts so far are that it will be shown at E3 (June 15th), will be compatible with the DS and DSi, and that it will have an autostereoscopic 3D display, which is why it's called 3DS.
Everything else is just speculation, more or less grounded in reality. It seems like it'll have at least one analog stick and two different displays (a 16x9 display, probably a high resolution parallax barrier display manufactured by Sharp that might or might not be multitouch, and a 4x3 display, probably a non-3D stylus driven touchscreen), and it supposedly has very good graphics for a handheld device, possibly well above PSP levels. It might have a Virtual Handheld service that allows you to download and play Gameboy, Gameboy Color and Gameboy Advance games. But those are only rumors.
more...
MacTech68
Jan 18, 01:22 AM
...Marathon!...
Bungie who? ;)
Bungie who? ;)
Hackint0sh814
May 2, 02:04 PM
if you get a google voice number (FREE) and download that app on your ipad you can use that number to text.
I have google voice on my iphone and ipad and use it to text because it is 100% free!
+1 on the GV option.
I have google voice on my iphone and ipad and use it to text because it is 100% free!
+1 on the GV option.
more...
Maverick1337
Apr 28, 08:43 PM
To be honest, I don't think the hackers are trying to unlock the newer basebands. Sherif said in December that there would be an unlock for 3.10 Baseband in Mid January, but obviously that hasn't happened. I am very doubtful they will unlock anything after 1.59.00 before the next iPhone is released (iPhone 5).
blevins321
Apr 28, 09:07 AM
Thank you so much! I've been searching everywhere and wasn't able to find a concrete answer. That just makes AppleCare even more of a no-brainer!
I'm in the same boat - the nearest Apple Store is over an hour away. Luckily we have two stores near here - Mactown and MacDepot. You don't even have to call Apple first - you can just take it in. A friend of mine near here had her power adapter fry her Macsafe board inside her Macbook. Took it to Mactown, and the next day the board and the adapter were both replaced no charge. Saw the repair invoice that they were billing Apple for and it was over $600. Definitely paid off. :D
I'm in the same boat - the nearest Apple Store is over an hour away. Luckily we have two stores near here - Mactown and MacDepot. You don't even have to call Apple first - you can just take it in. A friend of mine near here had her power adapter fry her Macsafe board inside her Macbook. Took it to Mactown, and the next day the board and the adapter were both replaced no charge. Saw the repair invoice that they were billing Apple for and it was over $600. Definitely paid off. :D
more...
hipnotizer
May 4, 06:26 PM
Just wondering!
mufflon
Apr 26, 02:20 AM
I'm taking the summer off, and after having saved up quite a bit of money, I'd like to visit Europe. Here's my current plan, and I'd really just like some input from fellow board members that travel a lot, have visited these places, etc.
(...)
Spain > France
I'll work my way around the south of France, before heading up to Paris.
(...)
Thanks!
Coming from sweden I've always enjoyed the following in france:
Southern part:
* Bordeaux (area) - nice red wine district - you can go sampling at most chateaus.
* Marseille (area around) - nice sandy beaches
* Carcassonne (city; one of the few wholly walled castle-cities)
Northern part:
* Normandy (area)- many nice museums and especially land marks from WW2
* Bourgogne (area) - another nice wine district, distinct differences to bordeaux
* Champagne (area) - this is where champagne is made, equally nice
There are a lot more to see in france of course, but these are the things I've appreciated the most (though normally not all wine districts on the same vacation - I'm not a drunkard :p )
(...)
Spain > France
I'll work my way around the south of France, before heading up to Paris.
(...)
Thanks!
Coming from sweden I've always enjoyed the following in france:
Southern part:
* Bordeaux (area) - nice red wine district - you can go sampling at most chateaus.
* Marseille (area around) - nice sandy beaches
* Carcassonne (city; one of the few wholly walled castle-cities)
Northern part:
* Normandy (area)- many nice museums and especially land marks from WW2
* Bourgogne (area) - another nice wine district, distinct differences to bordeaux
* Champagne (area) - this is where champagne is made, equally nice
There are a lot more to see in france of course, but these are the things I've appreciated the most (though normally not all wine districts on the same vacation - I'm not a drunkard :p )
more...
chrono1081
Apr 6, 08:33 PM
Ah ok I get what you want now.
I've never implemented it so I can't say for sure but I'm pretty sure this would involve some type of bitmasking. Hopefully someone who has done this can chime in.
Or you can try the gamedev.net forums. It may be easier to get a response there.
I've never implemented it so I can't say for sure but I'm pretty sure this would involve some type of bitmasking. Hopefully someone who has done this can chime in.
Or you can try the gamedev.net forums. It may be easier to get a response there.
hackthatphone
Apr 28, 08:34 PM
Any new information on baseband unocks will be revealed by the iphone dev team. They are the ones responsible for free unlocks. They have a blog it's here: http://blog.iphone-dev.org/
The don't hang around in this site (other than saurik who posted once or twice a long time ago). We get our information from them.
---Insert haters below who don't like when someone posts factual information.----
The don't hang around in this site (other than saurik who posted once or twice a long time ago). We get our information from them.
---Insert haters below who don't like when someone posts factual information.----
chrono1081
Apr 23, 08:06 AM
Technically you can't return a digital download so they would in effect be giving it to you free hence the lack of refunds.
It is the same reason retailers don't have to offer refunds on CDs, DVDs or Games (at least in the UK). You can quite easily buy the CD or whatever, rip it and then return it and get it for free.
+1. In the U.S. its actually illegal (for the business) to return an opened copy of a software or CD and exchange it for something else (I understand the OPs situation is different). I used to work at Circuit City and Best Buy about 12 years ago (and before that KB Toys) and we used to have training on this. Any exception that is made results in the store taking the full hit.
Digital downloads obviously can't be refunded because who's to say someone didn't keep the file on their computer?
It is the same reason retailers don't have to offer refunds on CDs, DVDs or Games (at least in the UK). You can quite easily buy the CD or whatever, rip it and then return it and get it for free.
+1. In the U.S. its actually illegal (for the business) to return an opened copy of a software or CD and exchange it for something else (I understand the OPs situation is different). I used to work at Circuit City and Best Buy about 12 years ago (and before that KB Toys) and we used to have training on this. Any exception that is made results in the store taking the full hit.
Digital downloads obviously can't be refunded because who's to say someone didn't keep the file on their computer?
cr2sh
Oct 11, 08:22 AM
Is this (http://help.blogger.com/bin/topic.py?topic=19) of any use?
http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=121&topic=19
No. Because the tutorial itself points out exactly what I'm talking about. I mean read it. I have no idea how they think it'll work.. unless your ftp is setup with full anonymous privileges.
http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=121&topic=19
No. Because the tutorial itself points out exactly what I'm talking about. I mean read it. I have no idea how they think it'll work.. unless your ftp is setup with full anonymous privileges.
arn
Jun 12, 01:23 AM
This has to be the least hyped(and cared about) keynote since steve jobs returned to Apple. I didnt even know when it was going to be until I read on a videogame website that there was this 3d game for the new iphone.
....
Apple computers and software is not bad, its just being neglected. I am afraid that Apple is no longer creating great computers that beat out other pc's. They are halting that, and concentrating on entertainment(movies & music) and other gadgets...iphone,ipod, apple tv, airport...etc.
1. I disagree. I think this keynote was very hyped, one of the most talked about before hand. Traffic/interest at the site during the keynote was the highest ever.
2. I think what we've heard about Snow Leopard is exactly the direction Apple should be going. More substance, than style. Some people might have been happier if Apple devoted time on a flashy new interface for 10.6, but in the long run, we are going to benefit much more with the kind of performance enhancements they have described.
arn
....
Apple computers and software is not bad, its just being neglected. I am afraid that Apple is no longer creating great computers that beat out other pc's. They are halting that, and concentrating on entertainment(movies & music) and other gadgets...iphone,ipod, apple tv, airport...etc.
1. I disagree. I think this keynote was very hyped, one of the most talked about before hand. Traffic/interest at the site during the keynote was the highest ever.
2. I think what we've heard about Snow Leopard is exactly the direction Apple should be going. More substance, than style. Some people might have been happier if Apple devoted time on a flashy new interface for 10.6, but in the long run, we are going to benefit much more with the kind of performance enhancements they have described.
arn
sleepykidd
Apr 23, 07:35 AM
Maybe the disk image you created is corrupt?
It could be as simple as that? There isn't anything that stands out as a concrete reason why it wouldn't work?
Should I try upgrading to leopard first and then Snow Leopard? I don't have the "upgrade disc" I have the full install one that came with my other Mac.
It could be as simple as that? There isn't anything that stands out as a concrete reason why it wouldn't work?
Should I try upgrading to leopard first and then Snow Leopard? I don't have the "upgrade disc" I have the full install one that came with my other Mac.
elvisizer
Apr 25, 08:55 PM
that won't work in a mac pro unless you replace the heat spreaders, anyway. they have the standard jedec spreaders on them.
Westside guy
Jan 25, 04:45 PM
Unless you've got admin rights on the server - which would let you muck around with the server's smb.conf file (I'm assuming this is a Linux or OS X box running Samba) - there's not a lot you can do.
If this is your personal machine - I don't think you can do much with Apple's GUI interface for this, but if you're fairly brave you can always muck around with smb.conf after thoroughly reading the documentation at samba.org. :D
If this is your personal machine - I don't think you can do much with Apple's GUI interface for this, but if you're fairly brave you can always muck around with smb.conf after thoroughly reading the documentation at samba.org. :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment