I am currently using a white Macbook (2.0 GHz / 3GB / GMA 950) from 5 years ago and it is performing admirably for most daily tasks; the only that stretches it a bit is my RAW photo editing on Lightroom 3. I process photos from my Canon EOS 60D, so we're looking at ~20MB images.
I'm thinking about getting a new machine and am considering the following. Note that I'm not concerned about the hard drive capacity, since I use external drives extensively anyway.
MacBook Air
13" / 2.13 GHz / 4 GB 1066MHz / GeForce 320M
MacBook Pro
13" / 2.7 GHz / 4 GB 1333MHz / Intel HD Graphics 3000
(88) and Jonathan Trottgreenbreadmmm
Feb 15, 02:27 PM
not necessarily an already existing specific product just something general like milk or coffee. its a pretty wide open project. just trying to see what others might think.
but yes the packaging and the labeling
more...
of Jonathan Trott,benthewraith
Apr 6, 08:40 PM
What are some of your favorite brands in your life. Apple is a given, but what others? Are you into Voss drinking water? Do you only wear Prada.. Just curious. I'll update mine later
Lucky, Diesel and AE jeans.
Lucky and Express shirts.
Fossil watches
Fossil wallets
Coca Cola
Glaceau Smart Water
Old Spice body spray (after hours)
Ralph Lauren Polo Black/Blue (prefer Blue)
Canon cameras
Nike shoes
Jonathan Trott shines with batMy toaster is asking for an extension cord.
more...
England#39;s Jonathan Trott playsBlack Macbook
Jun 26, 02:33 PM
Looks like Apple made it clear to me what size iPad they want me to buy. :)
What does that mean? Is there a larger one or something coming out? Spill the beans, don't be secretive and cryptic.
:)
Jonathan Trott,nerdykarim
Sep 23, 03:00 PM
i'm in search of three ipod shuffles and i need them as cheap as possible. iirc, the apple store for education is selling refurbs (which are okay, as long as they're apple recertifieds) for 79 each. if anyone can find something for 69 (or less!) please let me know. i need them as giveaways for a program at my school.
thanks...i appreciate it.
more...
Jonathan Trott, Khawaja,Newb question - what do I do with the wallpapers I download? Do I need to put them in a particular folder? Can I create a "wallpaper" folder in my documents or images folder?
Right now I have a few from last night just sitting in my docs folder, but when I started the MBP this morning it went back to the default wallpaper (purplish space shot)...?
of 329 with Jonathan TrottwickedG35
Jul 10, 03:17 PM
Sold!
more...
banned drug Jonathan Trottlittleman23408
Oct 30, 01:21 AM
Nice collection, freaking jealous. Good to see you have 4 seasons of the office. :)
As of right now, I only have all the seasons of That 70's Show, taking a pic of a small collection isn't really pretty :(
Nice collection everyone :D
Thanks, I got Seasons 5 and 6 of the Office on blu in one of those cubs somewhere. The packaging of season 6 sucks, so I removed the discs and put them in separate cd holders. I had to do the same thing for Back to the Future.
You should post a pic anyway. No matter how many you got...Obey the thread! :D
England#39;s Jonathan TrottThis is all interesting news.
I may have to try folding on my Macbook C2D! I am not a big production output guy, and my G5 has been down and out of folding to save on power, and wear ;) .
more...
banned drug Jonathan TrottIt is amazing. It seems like just yesterday I was excited about our team getting time on the Japanese Earth Simulator. Now, as we're getting proposals together for Blue Waters, we need to show our code performance would scale to thousands of cores-- it's like having a dedicated Earth Simulator of our own.
I also love the line on having the power to predict the path a tornado would take. I think someone at IBM is BS'ing on that one. Even if the numerical schemes and parameterizations were up to the task (which they aren't), I bet the computational power would have to be much greater.
fun stuff...
crackpip
Jonathan Trott#39;s CalculatingIt could, but it doesn't have that much space. I would hook it up to an external raid array.
I would recommend a Drobo S. (http://www.drobo.com/products/drobo-s.php)
It is not cheep, but I have 9 gigs of drives in it, 6 available. Great product, keeps your data safe, it's fast, and easily expandable.
I see you got FCP in your sig, i use Premiere CS5 and Photoshop you suggest the drobo would be good stuff like that? I have checked out the drobo before, they do look good. I just need something i can remote into and control when im away kick off downloads etc...as the server will be headless (no monitor)
more...
Trott Fly robust in the firstYou had to physically remove the lens cap before shooting but I still thought it was great.
That might be why all of my images are too dark - I left the lens cap on :p
Australian captain Ricky Ponting, right, congratulates England#39;s captain Graeme Swann, left and man of the match Jonathan Trott after their fourth Ashesdukebound85
Dec 29, 01:10 AM
i will say the kinect is pretty awesome though lol
surely you can buy one via online however right?
batsman Jonathan Trott atorbjoern
Feb 19, 06:25 PM
I don't know how much my head weighs. Can I break the screen? I can put the laptop in my backpack, its mesh and only has a padded back.
The screen can break at the :apple:-logo because the curve of your head might put point-pressure on it - unlike flat books that put pressure on the entire surface of the machine (more or less evenly).
WD Caviar Black here on standard 3.4GHz model from Apple store.
Seagate 7200.12 on Top end 3.4ghz retail model.
MobiusCreative
Apr 13, 12:48 PM
I have an iPad v.1 running iOS 4.2 that won't update to iOS 4.3. Says "Your iPad software is up to date". I've got the latest iTunes (10.2.1) and I've even updated my wife's iPad just fine. Thoughts? The Googles hasn't helped.
On top of that the 4.3 IPSW is gone from the wife's install so I can't restore to that.
I've been trying to load a pwnagetool cooked version of the iPad 4.3 GM, but whenever I try to actually load the firmware via itunes I get an error 1 that pops up as soon as the white apple logo appears on the iPad. This is both in recovery mode and DFU mode. I've tried this with both windows and mac version of the program with no success. Can anyone shed any light? I also tried pwn'd dfu mode with iREB and get the same result.
I have an Emac that turns on, but doesn't start properly; the screen stays black and the fan is working. It used to beep/flash a light a couple of times to indicate what was wrong (unfortunately I don't remember how many times, but sort of remember looking up what it meant - I think it was a motherboard or CPU issue), but the beeping/flashing and chiming stopped.
Has anyone dealt with a similar issue and what was wrong with your Emac?
I actually kind of dig the name MacBook Air. I can't wait to hear Steve announce the details.
0 comments:
Post a Comment