http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/2011/02/23/u-s-regulators-looking-into-kids-overspending-on-in-app-purchases/)
http://images.macrumors.com/article/2011/02/23/132828-in_app_purchase_dialog.jpg
more...
Here are some side swept bangsWhy would customers be preferring the Verizon iPad? The (factory unlocked) GSM iPad can be used in nearly every country, and domestically AT&T has faster 3G service if I recall correctly. Although Verizon has better voice and better coverage, I can't see people in metropolitan areas actually being better off with the CDMA iPad. Since the iPad data payment can't be tied to a pre-existing AT&T or Verizon cell phone plan, I just don't see much advantage to getting a Verizon iPad unless you live in an area without AT&T service. Thoughts?
Well, I can get 22% off a Verizon plan, that sort of thing might matter. Although, I don't want a 3G iPad, so....no matter to me.
One point I would like to make is that for normal surfing the speed difference really doesn't matter much. My ViPhone is about as fast for average webpages as my 30x faster home internet. Math: I regularly get 33Mbps or more at home (got 37 just now), testing with speedtest.net, still haven't broken 1Mbps on V 3G in various places around town.
But I digress...it hardly matters because webpages are simple text. You all can measure your di...er...downloads all you want, but loading a couple text files takes almost no throughput. Video streaming and action gaming are different, of course, but those are not the most common uses of a smartphone or iPad.
I could measure the difference in speed to load a page, say this page of this forum, and it would be obviously faster at home. But it's still only seconds, maybe fractions of seconds. I read fast, but not so fast that 2 seconds or so can change my life. For most people, this is the reality that makes it not matter.* No, I'm not going to choose 3G for Netflix vs my home internet. But then, 90" screen is better for TV than 3.5", anyway.
The only usage of my iPhone so far where I've truly noticed the slower speed is app downloading. Which is not a major part of my life. If it's massive-upgrade-day for my apps, I'll wait til I'm on wifi at home to download them.
* Also, crap DNS speed really throws many people for surfing, anyway. The internet's dirty little secret. I wonder how many millions don't realize they could be faster by typing a couple digits into setup.
short hairstyles side sweptsimsaladimbamba
Apr 12, 08:06 AM
winclone hasn't been updated in a while but could still work for you.
however, also have a look @ Casper (http://www.fssdev.com/).
I know about the WinClone part, but how would one run Casper when restoring the Windows partition?
It says the following on its website:
Casper provides a near-instant recovery capability by creating a fully bootable backup of a Windows system drive, including a backup that can boot and run directly from an external USB drive�.
� Requires computer with BIOS support for booting from USB hard disk drive (USB-HDD) devices. Not all computers support booting and running from USB hard disk drive type devices.
Does that mean, a backup via those means could be booted from an external HDD connected to a Mac?
with side swept bangsiJohnHenry
Apr 13, 05:35 PM
So how do you guys feel about me saying, that if can, I like to support Black owned businesses, because there aren't that many.
I have no problem with that. :confused:
I wonder why I often see signs like this in stores ...
It doesn't say "for any reason", because that may be contrary to local laws.
There can be many valid reasons for refusing service to some people.
I love .Mac and I LOVE the new .Mac email and address book. Thank you LORD!!! It's really good, just EONS better than what it used to be.
webitorgal
Apr 23, 11:24 PM
I'm considering a Macbook Air in the next refresh, likely an 11 inch. It will be my first Mac in 13 years - I had one throughout high school, but switched to Windows for university. The MBA will be used as a second computer. What I'm hoping to see:
1. An SD slot for the 11 inch - I'm a blogger and would like to be able to upload pictures without the use of a converter or hooking my camera up to the computer
2. A lighter-weight machine - maybe down to 2 lb for the 11" and 2.5 lb for the 13"
I don't really care whether they bring back a backlit keyboard or not - I was taught to type without looking at the keyboard and have pretty much memorized where all the keys are.
What about you? How likely are we going to see lighter machines in the next refresh?
AaronEdwards
Feb 18, 11:49 AM
Isnt Jobs a vegan? Cancer or not, not eating any animal products whatsoever is going to make you quite thin. If for no other reason than most things have animal products thus there just isnt a lot to eat.
Personally, I so wish that was true. But in reality, not all fat persons eat meat, and not all skinny people are vegetarians.
You can be a vegan and still stuff yourself full with carbonates, sugar and lots of different fats.
alent1234
Dec 27, 07:34 PM
What type of fraudulent activity?
Id theft
find Ssn number and order iPhone
ssn owner fights the bill
thief resells the iPhone
ClassicFitness
Nov 11, 07:44 AM
I want more:D
0 comments:
Post a Comment