
miranda kerr kuvia.Oh, I got the core i7 started with bigadv it seems to be running at about 58 min/frame which would put it at 4.17 days.
something seems wrong with 58 min a frame. at stock 2.66 ghz i was getting 43 min a frame. you might want to look over it and see if you can find any issues going on
laetitia casta kuvia.This is Christmas for my wife. She has an Apple card with 1350.00 on it, I got her as a present. So in essence this is Christmas eve.
morena baccarin kuvia. melkosleepykidd
Apr 23, 07:35 AM
Maybe the disk image you created is corrupt?
It could be as simple as that? There isn't anything that stands out as a concrete reason why it wouldn't work?
Should I try upgrading to leopard first and then Snow Leopard? I don't have the "upgrade disc" I have the full install one that came with my other Mac.
miranda kerr kuvia.themadchemist
Jul 24, 07:45 PM
some people rock. this guy stands among them.
more...
miranda kerr kuvia.alvindarkness
Apr 8, 12:04 PM
TRIM enabler is a hack, and some people have reported that their read/write speeds have dropped significantly after installing it on their macs. I'm worried that it even does the job, but I am guessing it just changes the kernel so that instead of saying 'No' it says 'Yes' under TRIM support in SERIAL-ATA.
It's not just changing the No to a Yes. You can confirm TRIM is working by using hfsdebug and dd, with and without the patch. The beachballs people get could be due to an over aggressive use of TRIM by the current kext's, guess we'll find out sooner or later.
vince carter kuvia. antawnI'm gonna give it until the 3rd week of Oct is over, then I'll give up and just buy a used PB 667 to hold me over till the new stuff comes out. But I'll be darned if I pay $3200 for an 800mhz G4, I don't care how sexy it is.
more...
gabriel garko kuvia._The_Man_
Jul 12, 01:40 PM
I do not know how to delete OS 9 that came preinstalled with my iBook 700. I have no use for OS 9 and it's just taking up space on my hard drive. I tried to just drag the OS 9 system folder to trash but even after setting permissions it still said it's being used by the system and could not be deleted. Can anyone tell me how to delete it?
charisma carpenter kuvia. evaI'll be at the Palo Alto Store by about 2PM with my copy from a nearby college bookstore that I'm getting for $69 before 2PM. That should put me near the front of the queue.
I don't know what you mean here. You're going to the Apple store with a copy of Leopard you already bought? Or do you mean you'll be near the front of the queue of people who will have the item in hand?
Pretty sure you have to buy a $129 copy to get the T-Shirt.
Well it does say on Apple's website that the "first 500 guests" will receive the T-shirt, and says nothing about requiring a purchase. Though, if MacMall doesn't ship it out on Thursday, I'll be cancelling the order with them and going to the store to buy it anyway. And if they do, I would still consider going to the store, and buying it and returning it just for the T-shirt. I'm a geek like that. ;)
Oh, you edited your post to answer mine, so I shall do the same ;)
more...
ian bell kuvia. more. more.http://www.anandtech.com/bench/SSD/65
Seems like a pretty good choice. I didn't realize anything was beating the Vertexes, although it's been about a year since I went shopping. (The IBM's were always a little faster, but a lot more dollars as well.)
ian bell kuvia.In OS X you can literally control just about any aspect of the the operating system via terminal. I would argue that an expert *nix user has more "unrestricted control" over OS X than an expert windows user can have under XP.
I am sure many OSX Server admins will disagree with you on this one.
more...
antawn jamison kuvia. antawnPS3 Mediaserver is a great solution. I've got it hooked up on my network and use my i7 PC to stream media to it. For streaming media, I usually go for Netflix, which in the US, has a pretty good selection, especially if you are into TV Shows. Sorry about the not so great selection. Hopefully it will get up dated soon. The best solution outside the PS3 media server is to convert everything that the PS3 likes using Handbrake. As a media streamer, i would have to agree with everyone else that it's kinda half baked but works well enough.
Where it shines is as a Blu-Ray player. That's one main reason I use mine and it's fantastic. I've also converted to getting all of my games on the PS3 since I'm afraid my 360 will crap out.
antawn jamison kuvia. antawnNoShoreGuy
Apr 19, 08:02 AM
Does anyone know of a good place to get apple care for the macbook air cheap???
Thanks!
more...
alessandra ambrosio kuvia.yet another thing i wish i'd known when i switched!
alessandra ambrosio kuvia.steve_hill4
Sep 28, 06:36 PM
Now, what is the only thing that needs an update? ;)
Are you referring to 10.4.8 or the C2D MBP?
See, there's not just one update needed currently.;)
more...
antawn jamison kuvia. antawndoesnt justify the fact that I did multiple other tests throughout the day and realized the temperatures were wrong. Ive had 2 overheating issues after 20 minutes of play and found my temperatures reading at 102-105 degrees celcius before shutting down. Only having the game and windows open doing my tests.
I've even tried using a friends laptop cooler but that doesn't really do much either
If you think you have a problem take it to the Apple Store and possibly get another MBP. Why would you want to lose your warranty?????
alessandra ambrosio kuvia.sparkleytone
Jul 6, 10:20 PM
with most cable modems, this is fixed simply by completely unplugging the cable modem and then plugging it in while its connected to the airport.
i spent a few minutes rummaging through the pdf's for airport extreme and failed to find documentation on a simple function it SHOULD have. if it doesnt, then i won't buy the one i had been planning for. this is the ability to change/clone its MAC address. this would enable you to 'fake' the address of the computer that was already receiving the IP. can someone confirm whether or not its there?
more...
gabriel garko kuvia. blackDoes anyone have this problem? IPhoto duplicates the event section. When sync to the iPhone. Shows in iTunes but not in iPhoto .
yeah I have this, I think it's a problem with the new iPhoto update, pretty annoying! https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3023160?start=0&tstart=0
gabriel garko kuvia.Shacklebolt
Mar 7, 12:42 PM
Whenever I've needed it, I've rented the D700 when I've needed a full frame, because how far away can Nikon's next prosumer full frame be?
The 5D Mark II came out YEARS ago at this point, which succeeded the 5D, which was the D700's first competitor.
Do we have any ideas/updates on this one?
gabriel garko kuvia. sarahMacRumorUser
Jan 15, 07:13 AM
Sorry old news that has already been posted and talked to death about.
highly realistic ? except the facts that the mac pro's have already been released and feature different specifications to that.
Well thought out, but ultimately fake.
SideStepSociety
May 5, 07:21 PM
Have you tried a PRAM and/or SMC reset already?
Bobdude161
Mar 23, 05:25 AM
GodFather has been getting ok reviews but is basically the PS2 game with a bit of waggle
Cooking Mama - has been getting 'AWFUL' reviews
Blazing Angels - has sucked the ass on all formats - wii is meant to be no different.
Ouch! That sucks!
Hows the port for TD:U for PS2 (besides graphics)? Is there anything they took out of it, like the MMO racing feature or only racing half the island? I don't see any reviews for the ported game yet. :o
jknight8907
Feb 9, 10:33 PM
Most useless thread i ever seen in my entire life
Stick around a little longer....you'll see threads that make this one look fascinating.
The screenshots are also too wide for a 1024 screen and a 80% width browser window.... :( Which is going to be a lot of PB and iBook users.
But I don't understand this whole "ugly guide" thing...isn't just sending the PM and not moving the guide at all enough?
Consultant
Feb 22, 10:06 AM
So would it be accurate to say that if the CD-ROM was authored with Flash as an executable then it would be harder to extract individual assets (i.e., videos, images & PDFs)? But then again, what would prevent the infringer from just copying over the whole disc? Right?
Thanks to all for your replies. You guys are awesome! You have helped clear things up in my mind.
Regards.
Flash is easily broken too, plenty of flash decompiler out there.
0 comments:
Post a Comment