
paint wallpaper businessWestacular
Mar 23, 05:31 PM
5 years ago Apple was pushing open standards with no licensing require (ie, zeroconf) and no one would buy in. Now they offer a standard with a fraction of the capability and charge for it and everyone wants it.
There's a world of difference between extending basic Internet protocols and making a method for streaming videos to set-top devices that actually just works.
The former *has* to be open and license-free to gain any level of traction or standardization, and Apple has done a good job with it -- the drafts for mDNS and DNS-SD (which combine to make Bonjour) are both still active and standards-tracked at IETF. Expect them to become full RFC internet standards before long.
The latter generally means selling a chip (or licensing its design) to other manufacturers. There's both the expectation that this is how things are done, and likely a legal need to charge for it to cover patent licensing fees.
FREE Batik wallpaper 800x600Finally! maybe I should now get the .mac, hmm...
wallpapers we , , By bigro jpgCaptainHaddock
May 4, 01:00 AM
For those of us not in a region where retailers give out beta keys (Japan in my case), does anyone have any idea how to get a beta key? I signed up in Battle.net, but Blizzard hasn't deemed me worthy it seems.
wallpaper : Business iPodDid they give you the full HE discount though - Leopard for �58.75? Or did they charge �75?
I payed �76.50 which is what they call the Individual Educator discount. I wasn't aware that there are different education discounts.
more...
Business Cards: ButterflyIntelliUser
Apr 4, 10:54 AM
Here are some experts who have a very good understanding of the theories, and they think the "ideal" point on the laffer curve is a tax rate far higher than what we have now. In other words, lowering taxes lowers revenue, and the continued love affair the right has with lowering taxes to stimulate the economy is a fallacy.
So the current top bracket tax rate is about half the ideal one...
Search Free WallpapersNot bothered about push for myself. I'd just be happy if it let me connect to the different groups I use.
more...
2.0 Business Backgrounds1 new model? what, like a 12" macbook? like a core2duo in one of the macbook models?:confused: :confused:
WALLPAPER business profileIt was announced, ... that with SP1, contacts, calendar and notes can now be synced through iTunes. BUT it doesn't! Anyone know what happened?
It does. You need to go into Tools --> Synch Services and enable calendar sync. I then restarted Outlook and iTunes, synced my iPhone (Info --> Advanced --> Replace info on this iPhone) and everything was there when I went into the calendar.
:apple:
EDIT: It also keeps the category colours from Outlook which is awesome, as Entourage never managed to do this.
more...
misery usiness brick wallWell, for what it's worth, my white iPhone 4 fits the Mophie battery pack exactly the same as my black one does. Can't see any difference either. Well, except one is white.
chinese wallpaper(UnitedYou are correct!!! 10 will always be 2. 01 will always be 1. Endianness swaps the bytes, not the bits. Binary addition would be hell if the bits were swapped... Plus then writing bit-operators and using bit-masks in C would just be a pain in the arse when it came time to compile that game for 5 different platforms.
The bits ARE "swapped", but the whole processor is "swapped" so nobody notices- until you start looking at multibyte values.
more...
wallpaper business wasPlaceofDis
Apr 2, 07:22 PM
for any complex formatting Word is definitly the way to sad to say, its not that bad of an app, although it is filled with bloat....
Pages is stong because of its templates, but its not good for making documents from scratch, if it improved in this area i would stick to it, but the UI definitly needs some work, toolbars and palettes need to be used more effectively and perhaps a bit more customization of the two would help a bit
for now i guess ill be typing up my poetry in Word
Business, wallpaper wednesdayAll true... but what happens when you replace the hard drive? Willing to buy one from Apple with the OS preinstalled?
Thats what the USB stick is for - you boot from it like you used to do from DVD and install - that simple.
USB sticks are too expensive and take too much time to duplicate "en masse". DVDs are very cheaper and take few seconds to duplicate if even that since they are being pressed (not burned in the case of mass duplication). USB sticks are also more expensive.
It doesn't make sense to go to a USB only distribution model, at least from a cost basis. As for Mac App Store... meh... why not do downloads outside of the Mac App Store, I don't want to use that POS. I've been installing OSes from HTTP and FTP since the mid-90s, no need for a "Mac App Store" to do it. What happens if I don't have a 10.6 or 10.7 installation going and just want to wipe the computer ? Linux has been doing network installs from nothing. Upon purchase, just provide a USB thumb-drive image I can put on any 1 GB thumb-drive to boot into the installer where I put in my purchase code or something. No need for the "Mac App Store".
Funny how history repeats itself (or better the comments on current events) ... those are the same arguments that I heard when computer manufactures started to get rid of the Floppy drive: but CDs are so much more expensive, I can't get everything on CD, people don't know how to handle them, ....
Also: don't compare the price of big read/writeable USB sticks in the store - with a fixed (read-only) image they can be mass produced fairly cheap - yes DVD might be a tiny bit cheaper for now - but there are other cost savings with the tiny USB sticks compared to the big DVD boxes (packaging, shipping, storage, .... and you save the money to put the DVD drive in the machine)
Lets face it: the DVD is at the end of its life cycle, it was great for its time but now is the time to say good bye.
At this point in time most non-enthusiasts are barely comfortable reinstalling an OS. They'd be totally lost if OS X wasn't on a disc. I'm sure Apple doesn't want to have to deal with all the extra support calls and will provide Lion on DVD for any Mac that has a SuperDrive. DVDs are on their way out but still have a lot of mainstream life in them.
even non-enthusiasts manage to put a USB stick in the right slot. You know, even my father (who does not know anything about computers and sometimes scares me with his very naive computer questions) knows how to put his USB stick in the computer to copy some pictures to it. If he can handle to put a DVD in the drive to boot and reinstall, he can handle to put a USB stick in the right slot to boot and reinstall.
We are still in a transition period. There is zero reason to think 10.7 won't come on DVD. Not everyone -- actually most -- people in the U.S. do not have high speed broadband (4 Mbps or faster) service either because of cost or availability [stats here for the non-believers: http://www.oecd.org/document/54/0,3343,en_2649_34225_38690102_1_1_1_1,00.html] . It would be suicidal for Apple to ship a multi-GB OS only via download. Especially Apple home users, who bought into Apple because of it's ease of use, are not going to sit for hours as their new shiny OS downloads, then sit for another 15-30 min as it installs.
Why? You don't need high speed internet to put a USB stick in your computer, no need to wait for hours, just plug it in and be happy.
more...
Beautiful WallpapersI'd get one just for Zelda, Pilotwings and Starfox. But not at �230! That's ridiculous for a handheld machine that's primarily aimed at kids. Especially with the current global financial situation.
The 3 - 5 hour battery life is pathetic and the 3D effect can apparently cause headaches. Nine to 12 months after release, when Nintendo inevitably release the new 3DS+, with a much increased battery life for a much more reasonable price I'll consider it. But only if I can have a play with one for a few hours first to make sure my head doesn't explode from the 3D effect.
Anyway, have fun with Pilotwings. See you summer 2012.
:apple:
Business Cards: Berries and Leaf Vine WallpaperThe point of PP seems to be to get rid of the consequences
PP offers a too easy fix to people's indiscretion
No, the point of PP is to give the tools and education to prevent pregnancy and disease. Abortion is a service offerred when there is an unwanted pregnancy.
My friend, there is nothing easy about abortion.
more...
birdcage wallpaper Businesssartinsauce
Oct 17, 09:39 AM
You know, I would love an Apple phone as much (or even more) than the next guy, but something occured to me this morning...
All this talk, all this hype. If/When the iPhone comes out, most of you are gonna flame Apple for releasing such a POS. I'm already vommiting at the thought of how many posts will use the overused phrase "underwhelmed."
You will be underwhelmed my friends, I promise.
Also, to stay competitive in the mobile phone hardware market, you've got to release new hardware, with new features, at least every year, if not twice a year. Apple seems to be so slow getting out of the gate on this one that I wonder if they could do that. I mean, look at quickly they updated their notebooks to Core 2 Duo. Oh, that's right, they haven't.
Can Apple produce and continue to innovate a product every 9 months?
wallpaper vector art - paisleyDiamondMac
Mar 25, 11:41 AM
The bottom line, nobody loses in the decision as to whether to get an iPad 1 or 2. Either is a great product that everyone loves
more...
usiness casual clothingGimmeSlack12
Feb 22, 03:04 PM
I've been trying to get one as well, who'd you send your e-mails to?
I did nothing. Called no one. Complained no where. Dumb luck that I got the notice in the mail.
If the Microcell drew enough power for me to be concerned about it I'd bitch about the power consumption. But with a power bill that's about $30/mo. I don't care.
Buick Business Wallpapers andF&%K THE CHIP!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7Dr6poEl_0
your usiness demands.MacRumorUser
Jan 20, 11:40 AM
I want pilotwings. I have loved that series and was seriously upset that I went two whole home console generations without seeing a sequel to Pilotwings / Pilotwings 64.
So looks like I will be buying a 3DS.
Is Pilotwings a launch title ?
iDutchman
Apr 14, 10:15 AM
Yesterday a record broken here in the Netherlands, � 1.747 a Liter.
Where have you installed OpenCV and wxWidgets? Are they frameworks or dylib libraries? Have you added the framework or dylib to the Link Binary with Libraries build phase of your target? If they're dylibs, have you additionally added the path(s) to the header files to the Header Search Paths build setting of your target?
mattcube64
Apr 11, 05:29 PM
Your gas is also taxed to hell; meanwhile, I bet your minimum wage is higher, while your cost of living is comparable or lower.
We're at $3.59/Gal right now. Definitely not as bad as some of you have it, but it totally sucks as a poor as hell college student. A fill-up costs me about $60, and lasts me about two weeks. But anytime I want to go home (which, I will for Easter), I will go through about two tanks.
EDIT: Decided to do the research myself; see that you actually don't have a minimum wage in effect. I applaud you, as I don't believe in a minimum wage, myself. That said, what I said does hold true for a fair amount of countries that make fun of Americans for complaining about gasoline prices.
TehReaper
Mar 11, 06:18 AM
University? Damn I thought they only had north park mall one and Knox store haha I'm still waiting for them to open the door for the mall at north park =\
Flying Llama
Sep 16, 09:38 AM
I also had a general anesthesia done once. Same story as tpjunkie, but my body tried to fight it off. It took them 4 doses from the usual to get me out ( :cool: ) Not only that, but I woke up earlier than expected, and in full shape almost right away. Good thing the surgeon also finished early! :eek:
Well, that's my story... :o
llama :p
0 comments:
Post a Comment