
Search: Blake GriffinClimbingTheLog
Nov 20, 04:22 PM
Sweet. But, there's more to just piggybacking on your mac's airport connection to make calls. I think more has to be done to make this networking possible.
Yes, I wasn't clear on that. I was envisioning a software stack on the Mac that would help the iPhone make a call, do the NAT-busting, browse the local iTunes store, etc. 802.11n is going to be necessary to reach the far ends of most homes.
I don't know that 802.11n low-power silicon exists yet. There are a couple folks here would would though.
Blake Griffin#39;s dunk will killCategory: Mac Websites
Link: Do a bit of brainstorming, and win a free Marware iPod case! (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20040223201721)
Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)
Approved by Mudbug
lake griffin and parents.Email address is required to send me shipping notifications, and iTunes receipts. A Physical address and phone number is required to ship me their hardware I buy and verify which country's App Store I can shop in.
FT needs my address for what, now? I'm not subscribing to the print edition.
Why do Apple need an address and phone number to register for free memberships, such as the free developer programmes? An email address and name is good enough. They certainly don't need a phone number - if Apple want to contact they can email. At least, make the address and phone number optional...
Search: Blake GriffinStick around.There's cooler stuff on the way ;)
Hmm...are Address Book and iCal going to get the same treatment? It would be great for .Mac to finally have an offering that competes with what Yahoo, Google, etc. have been providing for free for quite some time...
...or could it go even farther? What about an online version of iWeb, where you could edit and publish webpages directly from the browser, with drag-n-drop and all that goodness.
Oooh - I just started salivating over iPhone integration possibilities!!!! How about having the iPhone sync with .Mac directly - even if you're not anywhere near your computer? Or how about the iPhone having mobile blogging software that will publish blog entries to a blog on your .Mac website? These are all features that other phones and websites offer, but the difference for Apple would be the seamlessness of the Mac/iPhone/.Mac integraton...
more...
Blake Griffin, the red shirtSparky9292
Mar 18, 08:27 PM
http://osxdaily.com/2011/03/17/att-cracking-down-on-unofficial-iphone-tethering-mywi-users/
AT&T will force MyWi users to pay $45 per month when they catch them.
Apparently AT&T can detect MyWi usage. Good thing I use TetherMe!
shoo-in Blake Griffin hasSummerBreeze
Sep 24, 05:03 PM
When I turned 18, I did what I wanted to do, but when I was at home I told my parents where I was going to go. Not necessairly "Hey, I'm gonna try out these new tips I read about in Cosmo" but where I was going and when I would be home. I figured that I was in charge of myself, but I should do the common courtesy of letting my parents know what was going on in my life.
more...
Blake Griffin had two dreamsAlso, while I agree that the deficit needs to be dealt with, I'm concerned that a breakneck reaction will cause more harm than it's worth. If your check oil light comes on, you don't immediately slam on the breaks and abandon the car in the weeds. Rather, you calmly slow down, pull over, access the fluids, and make new decisions.
Yes, I wonder what will happen when SS and Medicare get slashed. What will all the retirees who live with these two programs do? I guess they will have to go back to work. Some 85-year-old frail granny out pushing a lawnmower or something. Truth is, she should have planned her life better.
Blake GriffinThe cries of the entertainment industry fall on pretty deaf ears in my house.
Yes, I understand that Universal, Disney, et al, are businesses and survive by making money, but let's not loose sight of one very important fact:
It's entertainment. It is not necessary to the functioning of our country, culture, or lives.
Food is. But look how little farmers get paid.
Medical care is. But look how so much of the money we (or insurance companies on our behalf) pay actually goes to a facilities' or a doctor's malpractice insurance, not to them.
Education is. But look how poorly-prioritized education is in this country.
Work experience is, as a function of how it impacts one's ability to function competently and thereby either retain a job or to acquire a better one. But it's treated just as poorly as education.
Entertainment is NOT. As a consequence, I don't plan for, nor do I budget for, any kind of entertainment concern.
IF, and ONLY IF, there's a movie out that I really want to see, will I go to the theater to see it. And on average I probably go to a theater once a year.
The very notion of licensing when it comes to anything other than a business deal or proposition is disgusting to me. I am not against the principle of intellectual property, but I abhor how the concept is realized in our society.
I own probably something like 10 movies' worth of DVDs, and maybe 5 TV series' worth of DVDs. I think the last DVD I bought was The Incredibles, and that was to show my support for something I found to be superbly entertaining, and have watched multiple times.
Most of the movies that I've acquired by "other means" I've pitched after watching them because, upwards of 80% of those instances of acquisition were instances of the acquisition of crap. So regardless of whatever legal status those materials may have been presumed to possess by others, I no longer have them because, for free or for a fee, I don't want 'em.
The number of times I feel like Bartleby The Scrivener (that is, the character Bartleby) on a regular basis is increasing, and that's due to the fact that I perceive society to be further and further askew from what I personally accept or agree with.
And speaking of HDCP and other DRM, DMCA, etc...
I refuse to accept any of that. I also refuse to accept that I'm either going to have to buy some sort of an adaptor, or buy a new TV, just for the "pleasure" of (what is for me) the infrequent habit of actually watching TV. Yes, I fully realize that means that, at some point, I'll turn on the TV and all I'll get is snow because there are no longer any broadcast standards that my living room TV is compatible with. And you know what I'll do when that day comes? I'll go ahead and cancel my minimum-basic-TV (approx. $13/month) service, leaving only cable modem service. I'm absolutely serious about this.
Perhaps if more people were like me, we could affect some kind of change in the broadcast industry and in Hollywierd, but any kind of "coming together for common good over common consensus" is incredibly arduous at best, and impossible at worst.
Besides, when it comes to myself and a significant other, I can absolutely find a whole lot of other things to do than simply sit down and watch the boob tube.
more...
Blake GriffinAfter last year's iPhone 4 leak incident I think :apple: is just being extra careful this year not to leak any details whatsoever on the iPhone 5.
And then BOOM. iPhone 5 announcement @ WWDC!!
PS: For those who are threatening to move to a non-iPhone phone, remember this is all speculation and rumor. I know how horrible it can be, I had a 3G until I got my iPhone 4, but I waited patiently for 4 to come out and it was well worth it.
Clippers #32 Blake GriffinAnyone here able to get this card working with Lion? I'm running Lion DP2 (with all current updates), and I can't get it working in my 2010 Mac Pro -- nothing I plug in, is being recognized.
Interestingly though, if I go into the 'PCI' section of the system profiler, the card show up properly (even showing that the driver is installed).
more...
Blake Griffin Tee Shirt NowThere is a similar case in which a teen brought her 7 year old sister to an apartment where she was gang-raped for money. The case is falling apart due to lack of evidence. They probably all wore rubbers.
A girl pimped her 7 year old sister. Animals don't do stuff like this.
TRENTON � City police have charged a 15-year-old girl as an accomplice to the gang rape of her 7-year-old sister.
You, sir, owe an apology to animals. The people who did this to that 7-y-o are sub-animals, and my stomach literally turned at the thought of the suffering that little girl endured.
Regarding the 11-y-o, I read about this on another blog, and everyone there were uniformly disgusted by this comment. Children cannot give consent, and it doesn't matter if she was "asking" for it either verbally, or based on the way that she was dressed. She cannot legally give consent to sexual relations, so she was raped! There is no ambiguity, and I am surprised this cretin was able to dig to the bottom of the sewer to come up with one.
Blake Show - Blake Griffin TeeIt doesn't sound like all that much, Apple has a possible 100 million customers if MobileMe becomes free to use as backup. That is about 120 MB per user, pathetic. How much does Amazon have at the moment?
That is raw data space so no redundancy but also not compressed, i think raw data = usable data.
more...
Tim – Blake GriffinGot my iphone 4 2 weeks ago, everything running perfectly until tonight. While i was listening to a podcast on speakers it suddenly went silent then a few seconds later went back to normal again. Now, the speakers is just intermittently working.
-audio okay using headset
-jailbroken
any ideas? im thinking it has something to do with the hardware, i tried restarting and it still doesn't work.
thanks!
Blake Griffin, giving us allchaseardoin7
Jan 14, 12:23 PM
I have not seen it reported on macrumors.com's homepage but apple has posted it on their site.
http://www.apple.com/getamac/
chase :apple:
more...
Blake Griffin Hits A Windmill
Blake Griffinstarcrossed
Oct 10, 11:04 AM
App Store makes it's Extremely easy for devs to release an app make some money then disappear. $2.99 is cheaper than some Twitter apps, and I rather pay that over time knowing the dev will stick around. Loren has stated he would love to have had an upgrade price, but there is no easy way to do it in the app store As Of Now. There's no way to make a cheaper version that only Tweetie 1 users can buy, all app store shoppers would get the same deal.
As far as Push concerned, Tweetie hasn't done it yet because it relies on a developer to create their own server method to check for what you ask of it 24/7, then push that to Apple servers, then to you. Twitter has said they are looking into enabling a push service on their end that all developers would have access to, which would be a better, more reliable method. From what I understood, this feature is not too far off, hence why Tweetie 2 doesn't have the feature.
more...
photo - Blake Griffin isLittleodie914
Mar 23, 09:17 AM
+1
It seems like Serlet is more of an independent worker who *thinks different* where as Craig is a hardworker but would just "follow." Not making a cheap shot, they're both really good at what they do, just an (maybe wrong) assumption of mine.
In any case, sad to see Serlet go.Nah, I agree completely. Serlet has always struck me as a power user who also knew how to cater to the masses. (Great features for developers/coders, and simple UIs for everyone else.)
Probably off-topic, but Lion seems more "toy-ish" than previous releases. I hope Serlet's departure isn't a sign of things to come.
Blake Griffin and TylerPeterQVenkman
Apr 27, 06:37 PM
I think hitting "Allow" or "Deny" is fine.
Assuming a "bug" doesn't keep it on anyway.
Blake GriffinRedReplicant
Apr 3, 05:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/VcFLo.jpg
Maybe it's time I start to get a .mac account
If you don't have it now - don't bother getting it. There are free services that do everything that .Mac does. However, since I am so dependent on the email address - I'm stuck paying the $99 a year.
AndyUnderscoreR
Mar 23, 05:58 PM
One tip I have for those clients who want to change absolutley every little detail... explain that you are happy to change it all for an extra fee, and you'll even offer a lower hourly rate since you're not being asked to do anything creative, but remind them that they will end up with a site designed by an amateur to their personal, individual taste, rather than the site designed by a professional and designed to appeal to their whole customer base that they've already paid for.
scottgintheuk
Sep 25, 09:46 AM
Hi All
I am currently a PC user, but am interested in switching to Mac. I m looking at getting the Mac Mini (1.42Ghz, 512MB RAM, 80GB HD, SuperDrive Spec)
How will the above spec machine deal with very basic video editing? I have a DVD Cam Corder and will want to 'join' video clips with music tracks added.... nothing too serious.
I have to choose between the above Mac or a AMD Athlon 64 (+3400) PC System (with 1GB Ram and 200BG HD)
Any help would be appreciated
Scott
ollybutch
Apr 23, 11:16 AM
Anyone planning on queuing here? the store launch was mental with a huge queues but will be very interested too see how much interest the iPad is generating in East Anglia. I'm also just wondering when to start queuing.
But that is the problem. Instant messaging has been on phones for over two years. Why would they want to sell a phone on instant messaging if everybody pretty much already has a phone with IM already? There's no reason to buy it if they're going to advertise a feature people already have it on their phones.
And how exactly is IM faster than texting?
Yes, especially on the tiny keypad on a phone? At best, the iPhone might have a slid-out keypad, which won't make IM-ing any faster than texting.
0 comments:
Post a Comment