
Colorado Rockies#39; Jason GiambiSpaceKitty
Aug 12, 08:47 AM
Hi,
Apple's MobileMe Gallery application has received a minor update today, fixing a few bugs while delivering new support for iPhone 4. With the update, the application can now download higher-resolution versions of images hosted on MobileMe when used on an iPhone 4 and connecting over Wi-Fi. The change allows users to take advantage of iPhone 4's 960 x 640 "Retina" display to view images in crisper detail.I been very disappointed with support with the iPad and mobile me,
I'm surprised this post didn't get deleted since it's clearly spam.
Jason Giambi#39;s three homeGGJstudios
May 6, 01:16 PM
I honestly don't remember what website this popped up on, but Safari started downloading this MacSecurity.mpkg and it ran instantly and bypassed inputting my password? I couldn't really stop it
What exactly did it do, that you couldn't stop? I understand it launched, but you would have had to respond to it for it to complete the installation.
Also, this isn't a virus. There has never been a virus in the wild that affects Mac OS X since it was released 10 years ago. The handful of trojans that exist can be easily avoided with some education and common sense and care in what software you install:
Mac Virus/Malware Info (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=9400648&postcount=4)
Colorado Rockies#39; Jason GiambiAnyone else notices that iWork will only update if the apps' are in Applications/iWork 06? That's poor design / very un-Apple: why can't I put my apps where I like?
Actually on the iBook it does not even install then. Now this could actually be smart, as Aperture does not (officially) run on the iBook G4. On the other hand it could just be a glitch. :rolleyes:
Rockies#39; Jason Giambi,Next Tuesday
Apr 24, 10:47 PM
hows this deal?
Here (http://www.buy.com/prod/13-3-macbook-intel-core-2-duo-2-4ghz-4gb-ram-500gb-hard-drive-nvidia/q/sellerid/31064376/loc/101/217650314.html)
Or this (http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_mac/family/macbook_pro?mco=MTM3NDc0NDI)? (2nd option, for $1,499.00)
Just buy my late 2010 core i7 15" mbp. Lol.
more...
#9 And Jason Giambi #23 Ofappleguy123
Apr 23, 11:04 AM
Don't buy AppleCare on eBay unless you can get the box.
Jason Giambi is a benchI also have the 250 GB D2 - excellent drive. I'd look at the specs on Lacie's website for the difference between the drives. I think the Porsche might be a tad slower.
more...
jason giambi 2011.Hellhammer
Mar 16, 12:25 PM
A friend told me I can't boot OSX from Raid. So would that mean I cannot install Lion on my HD if it is currently in the optibay where the superdrive used to be?
You don't have any kind of RAID in your computer and your friend is wrong too. OS X should boot fine from the ODD bay, Windows not so well.
JASON GIAMBI BELONGS IN 1939If you mean your Avatar alongside your posts, here is the FAQ to explain (http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:MacRumors_FAQ#How_do_I_set_my_avatar.3F)
You need 500 posts to qualify
more...
Jason Giambi#39;s three home runsDon't see why Apple would make any hardware changes that would put the breaks on Jailbreaking. Unlocking is a totally different animal so we'll have to see....
There could be legitimate reasons to stop a jailbreak. They are an open security hole that allows access to the device. By closing the jailbreak they are restricting one way to access secure data stored on the device.
I like jailbreaks, but I don't like the idea that somebody can plug a password protected phone into a computer and easily download all text messages and contacts from it.
Jason Giambibiohazard6969
Dec 7, 10:42 PM
again, i'm interested in the PC but would have to wait for some christmas cash. as stated in your previous thread i could trade, a powerbook g3, ipod 3G 15GB, or an imac G3 600
let me know if interested...i also have a few obscure un-tech related things for sale if interested....
more...
Associated PressJason GiambiFubar1977
Feb 21, 06:03 AM
Better hope he actually gets to see whatever he has built in its place.
at least, Jason GiambiSergeant Pepper
May 2, 08:36 PM
Go to Window > Activity. Under the heading for the YouTube page there will be two sections titled "about:blank." Expand the first one, and double-click while holding the option key on the link that looks something like this:
http://v15.lscache3.c.youtube.com/videoplayback?sparams=id%2Cexpire%2Cip%2Cipbits%2Citag%2Calgorithm%2Cburst%2Cfactor%2Coc%3AU0hPSVRLV 19FSkNOOV9MRUFH&fexp=903809&algorithm=throttle-factor&itag=18&ipbits=0&burst=40&sver=3&signature=0D67D3B81049BF7C42101403CB50C5FB8217F50C.5497AFB6D4CC82930CEDC082DF1C5386FFDD0B6B&expire=1304409600&key=yt1&ip=0.0.0.0&factor=1.25&id=5054da5e91720807
The mp4 file should start downloading right there. I use the YouTube5 extension and this method has never failed me.
more...
The Rockies#39; Jason GiambiI kinda like the "iLock" idea, And an "iLock Nano" of course, for like lockers and etc.
Number 10: Jason Giambi,I bought the icekey after making a switch from a powerbook 17" to G5 imac. It is a very nice keyboard to type on especially if you are used to using a powerbook. I tried the apple keyboard for about 5 minutes before it got put back into the box. Anyone want it for cheap?
more...
Rockies#39; Jason Giambi,Yes, amongst many others.
http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/keyboard
sweet. thanks!
Rockies#39; Jason Giambi saysConsultant
Apr 30, 11:37 AM
A CDN isn't a web host or a cloud provider. It's a distributed network of computers that push-out content to the "edges" of the Internet, closer to users. It's appropriate for large web sites with large geographic appeal which also have a need for low-latency deliver of content to users.
Amazon does have a CDN product, but it's not included in the base S3 offering. S3 offers storage services in ONE of Amazon's data centers, but doesn't push-out content across their world-wide network.
To my knowledge, the other solutions offered aren't CDNs and don't offer a CDN product.
Let's see, VPS offers origin pull caching on a few dozen locations around the world, including over a dozen in the US.
Surely that's not a CDN. :rolleyes:
Agreed. The Amazon product you'd be looking at is "CloudFront", not "S3".
And Rackspace does offer a CDN now, but it's actually using Akamai for the CDN functionality. Akamai is the big corporate CDN player I've used. It's pricy, though.
http://www.akamai.com/
Yes, Rackspace says it uses Akamai. So why shouldn't you use Akamai? Hint: Just try to find prices on Akamai. It's not for small companies.
Also, even if you select amazon cloudfront, you'll still get a price by region quote tool.
more...
APRIL 16: Jason Giambi #23Crikey, thanks everyone! :o :)
No. Thank you! :D
Jason Giambi became theI've been checking the refurb page for months now. Don't worry about a deal disappearing and never coming back if it's a current machine. On the other hand, if you're talking about a machine that's 1 or 2 revisions back, then the chance that it'll pop up later again gets slimmer and slimmer.
A good deal on a refurb iBook IMO is the current 14" iBook. It's $1099, versus $1299 for the regular price and $1199 for Educ. price. Been eyeing that for about a week now. Maybe if my money situation changes soon I'll pick it up.
(AP) - Jason Giambi and TyAnyone have any suggestions for an external Hard Drive enclosure that uses Firewire 800? I just got a Western Digital 250 gig I need an enclosure for...something to match my 17" Powerbook would be nice. And great stores online with good prices? I've never bought one before...
Thanks in advance!
-Steve
marlenedegrood
Oct 3, 07:09 PM
If you copy by burning a dvd along with the itunes library data couldn't you just drop it into the itunes folder? Otherwise if you just transfer the music folders it seems you'd lose all your changed info.....comments, genre etc. I for one would really hate do redo the info on thousands of songs.
Marlene
Periods shouldn`t be inside of paranthese (unless it`s a compete sentence), so you might not want to do that...
Ah... I thought he was talking about "sunrises".
Interesting update, for those that care/may be wondering. As a test, I grabbed a 2 GB Ram stick from my laptop and placed it in one of the free slots on my iMac. Computer now reports 6 GB RAM installed, but the 2 x 2GB already installed now underclock to 1067. It seems that Ram will always run as fast as the slowest installed. Still, 6 GB @ 1067 has to be better than 4 GB @ 1333, right?
sam12345-2008
May 3, 09:35 AM
Is there any way I could delete the windows partition and have another shot at installing it?
And is it best to download the support software, instead of relying on the disc?
I've read through several different things online and can't seem to find the answer anywhere. I'm going to purchase a 13" Macbook Pro here in the next few weeks and was planning on purchasing AppleCare coverage with it. However I have no Apple Stores near me. I do, however, have two Authorized Service Providers within ten miles of me. Do the Authorized Service Providers honor the AppleCare protection? If the HDD crashes, overheating problems, battery issues, etc will they fix it for free under my AppleCare plan? Or would I have to send it through the mail to Apple and have them fix it?
I've read differing views online. On Apple's AppleCare page it says "Apple may provide service through one or more of the following options: carry-in service (to Apple Retail Stores or Apple Authorized Service Providers), customer drop-off (to UPS stores in the U.S., for iPod and iPhone only), direct mail-in service, onsite service (for desktop computers), or Do-It-Yourself (DIY) parts (so you can service your own product)." I wasn't sure if that meant you can get it repaired (at your cost without voiding the warranty) at Authorized Service Providers or if it meant that the ASPs will honor the AppleCare coverage and fix it for free.
Thanks for your help...
I think you have to send it off to Apple for it to be fixed. I'm sure that resellers don't fix products. But I could be wrong. A reseller may replace the laptop, but I'm sure they won't fix it. Edit: Mal has answered your question. Again my answer was c*ap! ;)
0 comments:
Post a Comment