
reese witherspoon quotesWirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)
Did you reserve it? I hate that apple guy that works there. He's always rude to me.
yea about a week and a half ago after shipping dates went to 4 weeks
reese witherspoon quotesCapacitive home button (and volume) is the way to go. Plastic makes the expensive feeling iPhone feel cheap. and it will just look sexy having the home button flush with the glass.
Another thing which hasn't been wanted as far as I know is the home button to glow in dark as it were. Pretty annoying to press the wrong side when you are in complete darkness.
Regarding touch buttons, my post above. Regarding pressing the wrong side in the dark, although I have done that a couple of times in the past, I think they make the button concave so you can feel where it is without looking. I (personally) think that a glow in the dark button would look tacky, especially because they glow in that eery green colour. :(
Reese Witherspoon Quotes. reese witherspoon elle april; reese witherspoon elle april. Hastings101. Apr 30, 03:20 AM. Honestly you#39;d be better off buying anMaybe because that's the only competitor there is right now? No WebOS tablet released. No BlackBerryOS tablet released. I guess technically they could've put some Windows 7 devices on there, but that would've been embarrassing ;)
WebOS, BBOS... all vaporware right now (i.e. non-shiping product) and no matter what, you can't compare vendor hype to reality of a product you can touch and hold in it's shipping form.
The Xoom is a great example of this. Sounded killer on paper and in the demo's looked awesome. But go use one. It's a mess. The one I worked with crashed, had screen lag and choppy animations of icons. Games were a joke. Half of the ones on the demo unit were phone size apps that looked like junk on a tablet.
Not saying the Xoom is not a good tablet. It is. But it's far from the same fit and finish as the iPad or iPad2. It just felt like a beta device that was rushed to market to get out there. I had the same impressions with the first Samsung Tab.
These competitors have got to take quality and overall user experience a lot more serious if they are going to lure the non-techie consumer into their camp. This is where Apple is killing them right now.
Reese WitherspoonHaha, and then they reject it again. Double-rejected, to the face!
But seriously, if I were him, I'd just say "Screw off Apple, you didn't care about me until I was famous!" Then submit my app for Android.
What happened to "Think Different." ?
Apple has their hand in the back pocket of too many politicians, it seems.
more...
reese witherspoon quotesSalty Pirate
Apr 25, 10:04 AM
backlit keyboard
8 GB RAM
better thermals/enough horsepower that the damn fans will not come on when watching flash content
Garner, Reese WitherspoonI'm a *total* Apple fan. I love everything from my MBP, iPhones, iPads....but the Xoom is a *damn* good device. I mean, seriously good.
It's not ready for the masses yet, but if you know even the slightest about tech (in its use, not in more technical aspects), it *really* is a superior device at the moment.
There are a few software quirks, but a sw upgrade or two and those are gone. Besides, the list of "quirks" in iOS/iPhone OS is still large :).
I own all of them and by business develops & deploys our services for the iOS platform, but the Xoom was given to me to convince me to port at least a UI of our backend service to the Android by a partner - and I'm *VERY* impressed by where the Android 3 platform and the Xoom is going. Enough to consider putting dev resources towards building an Android port.
Apple better watch out, they're flying high and iPad 2 is good, but Consumer Reports is right, the Xoom is good, and it won't take much more to make a good competitor. iPad 3 and iOS 5 better be a *huge* leap forward (and shed some of this Jobsian hubris he has from his ego, I love the guy and what he's accomplished, but his ego gets in the way sometimes, and I see it becoming more and more troublesome for AAPL).
Motorola Xoom?
more...
Reese Witherspoon Links :NebulaClash
Apr 5, 08:20 AM
It is what I've been saying here for the last year. MR readers are not the target audience for the iPad, and that is why they have been so consistently wrong on the iPad's prospects until market data proves them wrong. We are NOT normal -- we like to hang out on a tech rumor site :)
The rest of the world gets the iPad and loves it.
Reese Witherspoon on TheLiquorpuki
Apr 8, 09:03 PM
I am not saying no one should produce children. I am just saying its not the job of the government to make sure people are only cranking out units when they are "ready". Its called personal responsibility. If you get knocked up, deal with it. It's usually your own fault. Maybe your parents should have taught you to keep your pants on. It's not up the the government to teach you these things.
So what about pap smears, cancer detection, HPV detection, STD testing and immunization, sex education, and all the other things that don't have to do with popping out units that the GOP will also be killing?
Maybe we should also tell women that in the name of personal responsibility, they need to learn how to detect cervical cancer their own damn self. Maybe we should also tell a guy with Chlamydia that he should buy a chemistry set and invent his own damn cure.
more...
Reese Witherspoon Quotes. Reese Witherspoon#39;s Wedding; Reese Witherspoon#39;s Wedding. franmatt80. Apr 12, 04:27 PMhttp://monogon.org/gfx/jonespeak.jpg
Jones Peak, Nathrop, Colorado
1/500s, f/8, 238mm, ISO 100
Canon Rebel T2i + EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM + EF 2x Extender II
Classic B&W mountain photography is probably my favorite of all time. I can just stare at Bradford Washburn's photos for days. I think you did really well here and I enjoyed this one for sure. My only complaint is that the right side left me wanting more, like we weren't quite finished with the ridge.
Reese Witherspoon, How Do Youmattwolfmatt
Apr 5, 10:38 AM
Have you ever gone to move your finger across the trackpad and find that it registered it as a tap instead? Drives me nuts.
Nope. Never.
Nope. Me neither. I question your sanity, Warbrain. ;)
more...
Reese Witherspoon Quotes. Reese Witherspoon SOURCE: Reese Witherspoon SOURCE: AppleScruff1. Apr 19, 10:40 PM. You know what#39;s sleazy?So I come to you this eve, asking advice to this extent:
How would one go about dating an Apple employee??
(of a local Apple store....not Apple corporate, perhaps it doesn't matter, I don't know)
Did you try asking! :D
of Reese Witherspoon andhttp://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com)
According to reports, Apple has already provided an update to their Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard Preview that was distributed to developers at WWDC 2006. The update provides few details on the improvements provided:
This Software Update delivers improved reliability and compatibility for Mac OS X Leopard Developer Preview and is recommended for all users.
The 46.4MB release is simply entitled "Leopard Developer Preview Update 1.0" and updates Build 9A241 to Build 9A241e.
Apple demonstrated (http://www.apple.com/macosx/leopard/) Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard at WWDC, revealing some of the features that are expected. Mac OS X 10.5 is not expected to be released until Spring of 2007.
more...
Mom Celeb Quote: ReeseGlideslope
Apr 21, 07:39 PM
4S. I like the name, and it makes sense to keep continuity with the previous naming scheme (3GS). I guess we'll see a true iPhone 5 next summer.
I'm going to agree with you on this.
3G --> 3Gs --> 4
4--> 4s --> 5
Same update path, but the timing altered by the CDMA production.
4s in Sept iPhone 5 in June 2012 with LTE. :apple:
Reese Witherspoon, on GooglingSince Apple introduced the video iPod I wondered why they didn't encourage both airlines and auto industry to add this functionality in their video devices.
Imagine having two kids in the back of the car, both with their own video screen, watching their own movie, controlling it from their own iPods.
guess the bigger question
will this be available in coach or is this just a first class option?
Like EmPower ports they will appear in phases. First in Business and First Class and the in Coach and expect it to be in all new planes. Some Airlines (like JetBlue) may elect to put them in all seats.
more...
Reese Witherspoon QuoteThe standard file system of SDXC cards is exFat (http://www.sdcard.org/developers/tech/sdxc/capabilities/) -- so does this mean the Mini now supports exFat?
exFAT supports needs an Mac OS X update. Once Mac OS X is updated, older Macs will support SDXC cards, too. The older Macs won't support the higher speed, though.
SDXC actually contains two new features:
exFAT → requires new software (file system driver)
faster bus speed → requires new hardware (card reader)
SDHC has no built-in limit at 32 GB. It's an arbitrary limit imposed by the choice of FAT32 as the file system (which is arbitrarily limited to 32 GB by Microsoft).
Reese Witherspoon Quote Reese Witherspoon was getting back to work with a photo shoot in Paris,nobunaga209
Mar 17, 05:27 AM
North Texas [DFW] area currently avg $3.41.
Man I remember back when I was in high school and low grade was .89 a gallon at RaceTrack. :(
more...
Ryan phillippe quotesThanks for being the sole brave soul.
Home computer.... all data backupped. Not really that brave. :D
BTW.. I am not the only one (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=2895526&posted=1#post2895526). ;)
Reese Witherspoon, afterWhen does Apple usually release OSX after the WWDC? I am looking to get a MBP when Back to School Promotion is on (ie July-Aug).
reese witherspoon quotesSupport for XMP files is huge, IMO! Very nice! :D
MacBandit
Sep 14, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by King Cobra
verbose, do you ever give newbies a break with typos these days? :rolleyes: :D
Great posts, guys. Well worth reading. But I think some of you need to take a closer look at WHY MHz/GHz doesn't matter as much.
First of all, the Px does not have the Velocity Engine, and OS 10.1/2 uses it. There is a dramatic performance over the G4 (and especially later G3s) with 10.2, as the operating system is now more effeciant. Also, OS X takes advantage of dual processors to a certain degree (maybe an extra 50 percent or so). Finally, when you take a look at the new PowerMacs, you are looking at 4MB of L3 Cache (w/ dual 1.25GHz). The Px don't seem to have that (if any). So, basically, that would bring a 64-bit system (in terms of the P4) to about 4 or 5GHz right there.
Now, take a look at the PC. Sure, the PC has incredible boot time, is great for playing games, and has a quick OS. However, the P4 lacks the necessity of an effecient L1 Cache. I do not see how 4Kb will provide enough memory for the complex operations tha Macs can handle. So, instead of a 4.7GHz, you're looking at, maybe, 3.x or 4GHz, assuming, with this new chip, the L1 cache has remained unchanged.
First of all what do you consider great boot times? Not that this matters a lot. I have a new Dual Ghz/DDR and it starts from cold boot to login in screen in 27secs with 10.2 and from login to operating finder is nearly instantaneous.
Second of all as I have stated before the true reason Mhz doesn't matter is because something like %98 of all computer users are not power users these are the people that will go buy a new computer tomorrow and if there is a 2.8Ghz computer sitting next to a 800Mhz computer they couldn't care they're going to buy the cheap one. They don't even care how much ram it has. I know this because I went computer shopping with my boss for work(yes for a PC). He wanted my help. Well little help I was he bought the cheapest computer he could get with 64MB of Ram I suggested we upgrade it later and he agreed well that was 2 years ago still it sits with 64MB of RAM in it. Oh and I might add it still has all the stickers on the front of it. These people don't care about this stuff all it's used for is mail and the occasional websearch and most people are like this.
The Economist, that stalwart of conservatism has this to say (http://www.economist.com/node/18620944?story_id=18620944) about the state of US transportation.
America is known for its huge highways, but ..... American traffic congestion is worse than western Europe�s. ....More time on lower quality roads also makes for a deadlier transport network. With some 15 deaths a year for every 100,000 people, the road fatality rate in America is 60% above the OECD average; 33,000 Americans were killed on roads in 2010.
America�s economy remains the world�s largest; its citizens are among the world�s richest. The government is not constitutionally opposed to grand public works. The country stitched its continental expanse together through two centuries of ambitious earthmoving. Almost from the beginning of the republic the federal government encouraged the building of critical canals and roadways. In the 19th century Congress provided funding for a transcontinental railway linking the east and west coasts. And between 1956 and 1992 America constructed the interstate system, among the largest public-works projects in history, which criss-crossed the continent with nearly 50,000 miles of motorways.
But modern America is stingier. Total public spending on transport and water infrastructure has fallen steadily since the 1960s and now stands at 2.4% of GDP. Europe, by contrast, invests 5% of GDP in its infrastructure, while China is racing into the future at 9%. America�s spending as a share of GDP has not come close to European levels for over 50 years. Over that time funds for both capital investments and operations and maintenance have steadily dropped (see chart 2).
Although America still builds roads with enthusiasm, according to the OECD�s International Transport Forum, it spends considerably less than Europe on maintaining them. In 2006 America spent more than twice as much per person as Britain on new construction; but Britain spent 23% more per person maintaining its roads.
America�s petrol tax is low by international standards, and has not gone up since 1993 (see chart 3). While the real value of the tax has eroded, the cost of building and maintaining infrastructure has gone up. As a result, the highway trust fund no longer supports even current spending. Congress has repeatedly been forced to top up the trust fund, with $30 billion since 2008.
Other rich nations avoid these problems. The cost of car ownership in Germany is 50% higher than it is in America, thanks to higher taxes on cars and petrol and higher fees on drivers� licences. The result is a more sustainably funded transport system. In 2006 German road fees brought in 2.6 times the money spent building and maintaining roads. American road taxes collected at the federal, state and local level covered just 72% of the money spent on highways that year, according to the Brookings Institution, a think-tank.
Supporters of a National Infrastructure Bank�Mr Obama among them�believe it offers America just such a shortcut. A bank would use strict cost-benefit analyses as a matter of course, and could make interstate investments easier. A European analogue, the European Investment Bank, has turned out to work well. Co-owned by the member states of the European Union, the EIB holds some $300 billion in capital which it uses to provide loans to deserving projects across the continent. EIB funding may provide up to half the cost for projects that satisfy EU objectives and are judged cost-effective by a panel of experts.
American leaders hungrily eye the private money the EIB attracts, spying a potential solution to their own fiscal dilemma.
The upshot is that we built too much, too fast and are unwilling to pay to maintain it although we continue to build bridges and highways (http://dc.streetsblog.org/2011/04/28/third-houston-outerbelt-would-turn-prairies-into-texas-toast/) to nowhere.
aprofetto8
Apr 5, 09:45 AM
Fake. Not enough unicorn dust to be real.
Isn't that everyone's IP? :o
Sssshhhhhh...
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/5756/picture2ra.jpg
0 comments:
Post a Comment